Monday, October 4, 2010

Request For Housing Allowance

212

I go down the derb with a boldness that is not here, zigzags between loops, bags full of olives by hand and hot bread tucked under his arm. The smile that I have not had time to make the kid who served me was left on my lips. Last left turn, after the blacksmith on the corner before the vegetable souk. Do not get lost, especially not to lose. I know after that is a right-right sequence. I think I have arrived, passed under the right arch is dark, the tiny keypad color dirt swept dust gray, brown wooden door. I hit, it had given a password. I do not recall having said, perhaps because you opened before, maybe because I said something else, or I simply did not say anything at all. Still, when that door opened I had the feeling the happiest of my life. And I remember it very well, because the feeling still exists, even if we do we swim longer under palm trees creaking, shaken by the wind burning Moroccan nights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment